Asian Pear Sparkler
- 1 cup freshly pressed Asian pear juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cups honey
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 (4-inch) sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 (1-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and cut into coins
- Small grating of fresh nutmeg
- Combine pear juice, lemon juice, honey, sugar, rosemary, ginger, and nutmeg in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, then simmer on low heat for 5 minutes, stirring to dissolve the sugars.
- Remove from heat and let stand 30 minutes. Strain the syrup through a fine-mesh strainer and discard the solids. Let syrup cool completely.
- To serve, fill an 8-ounce glass halfway with ice cubes, add 3 tablespoons of syrup, fill with soda water, and stir. Add more syrup for a sweeter or stronger flavor.
What you may also like